Monday, January 31, 2011

Today's Goals!!!

Finish Stitching Moon Swan!!! Oh and make nice nice with the 820! ; ) The Bernina 820 is an amazing machine. It sits front and center the quilt shop just begging to be run.... so I decided I'd give her a go on my newest quilt. I assumed I would sit down and just bang this baby out but that was not the case! At home I have two Berninas but the bulk of my sewing is done on my sturdy work horse the Janome 6600... it does nothing overly special but it has a built in dual feed foot and that bitch can sew fast and hard! The 820 on the other hand is a much more delicate machine, it requires patience and a gentle touch... two things that do not come naturally to me!!! So after a full day of working on the 820  we have formed what I would call a love, hate relationship!!! I love so many of the features, the size, the big bright light, the auto threader, bobbin winder (SWEET!),  needle drop foot pedal... but i haaaaaaate threading that damn bobbin!!! Upside down, backwards bobbin that requires the use of a mirror for threading, Jesus could they make it any more complicated! Anyways I have decided that me and the 820 are women from two different worlds but I determined to bridge the gap and make this relationship work. I have a "thing" for big machines and I enjoy a challenge so today I'm gonna give her another go! I'm kinda crushing on you 820!

No comments:

Post a Comment