Sunday, July 10, 2011

Completion...


I've been staring myself in the face for over a month now. This may look like a simple quilt to many but to me it's a snap shot from a tremendous chapter of my life. A chapter filled with more passion and adventure than I ever thought I would experience. But a chapter full of heartache and loneliness too. I will never be able to look at this quilt without thinking about Ivar. And if I could say one thing to him today it would be that I loved you very much and you hurt me deeply... but I will never regret the time we spent together. You taught me so much about myself and were the best damn muse a tortured artist could ever ask for... with out you this would not exist...






That being said, if my quilt gets accepted I wont see it face to face for over a year... and considering how many tears have soaked this fabric thats probably for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment