Saturday, July 9, 2011

Work Work Work Work Work...

6 days and counting till the cut off date... this is gonna be a close one!
Piecing together this pattern was a breeze until I got to the leaves. Of all things the background filler, the least important detail has given me the biggest headache.
Here is what she looked like before I began layering in the leaves...

And here is what my apartment looked like for the three days I spent cutting and placing each little leaf. 

Because I enjoy torturing myself I chose three different greens to work with. I wanted them to blend with the green of the snake but also set him off so he would not get lost in the leaves.

The official rules of the challenge state "A recognizable amount of the Hoffman Challenge 2011 Fabric Style H8709 98G Moss Gold must be used as an integral part of the entry". I chose to fussy cut around the flowers and use just the green bits of the fabric for my snake... like so. 

I was very pleased with the results!

I had considered placing a flower from the fabric in her hair to add a little punch but in the end decided against it... I'm not much for fusing anyways.

I finished putting the final details of the pattern together while teaching at the quilt shop late Wed night.

Creepy right!

By Thursday I had all my threads picked out and my wonderful new boss let me off early both Thursday and Friday so I could go home and sew =D Here's the cast of characters... 453 Army Drab, 020 Black, 1760 Twine, 853 Pecan, 3644 Royal Navy, 5866 Herb Green, 2123 Brodeaux, 1346 Cinnamon, 5552 Palm Leaf, 970 Linen, 2922 Fox... All Isacord of course!

After two days of stitching this is where she currently stands... half a face and a full tree!

So far, So good! About halfway there... WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment