Tuesday, October 30, 2012

4 Quilts in 2 Weeks!

I wouldn't consider myself a procrastinator, it just seems that my best ideas always come at the very last minute. Cadence has recently begun therapeutic riding and so far its been an amazing experience!


Not only does the program help her with her physical disabilities, it had also helped with her communication skills, not only with people but with the animals too! We spend so much time with therapists and doctors and evaluations that its really nice to take part in something that is just plain FUN! I was so impressed with the program and the volunteers that I offered to make some quilts to sell for fundraising. Hazelwild has a great logo so we decided to start off with that...


I made three quick copies in various colors...



Though the teal and purple was by far my favorite!



The stitching went quick and easy (for once!) Which was a blessing because I only had a week to make them and I did not finish all 3 until the morning of the event!!! Here they are for sale at the Hazelwild Harvest Festival.


It was a beautiful day! We visited with the horses... This big guy is Liam!


And this is Lucy! What a beautiful creature!


Cadence rode the barrel train, picked pumpkins and REALLY enjoyed the haunted house!




I'm so happy we found Hazelwild Farm and its therapeutic riding program. The people are amazing and the horses are so inspiring... I will be making many, MANY more quilts for them in the future!

















No comments:

Post a Comment